Is your old TIG welder not performing as well as you see other welders performing in internet videos? Or does Your welder lack technologies that come in the newest models? Well, we have prepared a list of the best Tig welders for aircraft tubing that you can get quickly with just one click sitting at home through Amazon.
They are ranging from heat protection to prevention of voltage and current overflow. The welding of well-known ¼ and 5/32-inch cuts have been made easy through this new line of products.
- Top 3 our tested Best TIG welder for Aircraft Tubing
- Hobart 140 MIG (Best high-quality welder)
- PrimeWeld TIG 225X (Welder with heat control technology)
- TOOLBOX 200A TIG (Easy to carry welder)
- Frequently Asked questions
Top 3 our tested Best TIG welder for Aircraft Tubing
Now, you can weld steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, gold, and many other materials that ordinary welders cannot weld. The list includes welders that come with the latest inverter and Pulse Technologies. In addition to that, these welders come from high-quality materials which can withstand harsh usage.
- Power Source: DC
- Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V
- Welding material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Weight: 57 pounds
- Dimensions: 19 x 11 x 13 inches
- Material: Mild Steel
- Power Source: AC/DC PULSE
- Input Voltage:220v to 110v
- Welding material: ALUMINUM,STAINLESS STEEL
- Weight: 90 pounds
- Dimensions: 24 x 19 x 12 inches
- Material: STEEL
- Power Source: AC OR DC
- Input Voltage: 110(120)V / 220(230)V
- Welding material: Steel/Stainless steel/Carbon/iron.
- Weight: 23.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.72 x 16.22 x 11.42 inches
- Material: Metal
Hobart 140 MIG (Best high-quality welder)
What is one of the leading companies that produce high-quality best TIG welder for aircraft tubing? Hobart 140 MIG Is one example. This welding beast operates at a 115v circuit that provides a high-speed range for materials like aluminum and steel. You don’t need to worry about the circuit of this device. It is made from high-quality material, making it one of the safest circuits available in its series.
Let’s have a look at features that are available in MIG 140 by Hobart.
The Hobart 140 MIG has Voltage control with up to five different levels. This provides smoothness and efficiency during different welding types of Steel and Aluminium. When you come up with a strong part of steel or aluminum, you can set the voltage control up to the fifth level and get a stable arc cut.
MIG 140 works with a 115-volt circuit. Thick and high voltage resistance wires are installed in the circuit to handle heavy loads even at 702 750 RPM, making it safe and easy to use.
Easy to use welding machines for beginners to make their work experience the best one. With 5 different modes of voltage control, say goodbye to uneven weld points. Now carry your welder around the workplace with a 10ft long cord.
PrimeWeld TIG 225X (Welder with heat control technology)
TIG 225X is another masterpiece by PrimeWeld for its customers. Now, you can weld ⅜ mild steel in addition to the ¼ steel sizes. Thanks to the new high-speed technology. Now you can do welding at high RPMs without fear of damaging the machine.
The TIG 225 X comes with a stunning 3-year warranty for its customers. That can be accessed in case of any damage or fault in the parts of the machinery. Now, let’s have a look at this versatile device.
Heat Control Technology
You would have noticed that many welding and other construction machinery get heated while doing heavy activities. These welding devices can face some difficulty in terms of temperature while running constantly.
To cope with this issue, the company came up with a new heat control technology that maintains the temperature inside the circuit.
Often the material is wasted in the welding process due to inaccurate welding points. To carry out this process more efficiently, the company has installed a precision paddle. That makes it much more versatile and convenient.
An amazing yet versatile product for expert welders. Equipped with advanced technologies. One of the best TIG welders for aircraft tubing. It comes with a full 3-Year return warranty that adds to the versatility of the product.
TOOLBOX 200A TIG (Easy to carry welder)
Welding plates up to 5/32 inches made it easy. What are you waiting for? Grab yourself a 200A TIG to blend these 5/32-inch plates at a faster pace without any inaccurate cuts.
The TOOLIOM 200A TIG comes with surprising protection technology. That includes:
- Protection from overheating
- Protection from the overflow of current
- Protection from excess voltage
Let’s have a brief look at the features of 200A TIG.
In addition to holding welding sticks. Now you can also use the TIG 200A welder for ARC and other modes of tools. You are making it a different and unique welding product from those available in the market.
Several protective measures have been taken from the company that makes this device much safer and more sound than ordinary welding products.
The 200A TIG prevents the machine from overheating under a heavy load that can be fatal. Not only that, but the 200A TIG is also capable of preventing overflow of current and voltage.
A well-equipped device for welding on a large scale. With advanced protective gear. It can be considered as one of the Best TIG welders for 4130.
The lightweight materials make it more convenient to carry around. Not only that, this amazing product comes with a cooling fan to prevent overheating issues.
1. Aircraft tubing welders are in high demand due to the growth of the aviation industry. Aircraft tubing welders perform welding on aircraft tubing.
2. There are three types of welding performed for aircraft tubing: fillet weld, butt weld, and TIG weld. The type of weld being performed will determine what welding equipment is used to complete the job.
3. Aircraft tubing is made up of carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum and is used for fuel and hydraulic lines. The products manufactured from the tubing, such as gas turbine engines and landing gear, can be valued in the millions of dollars.
4. Aircraft tubing welders should be able to work around aircraft equipment; therefore, they should have a security card that will allow them access to military bases or refineries.
5. Aircraft tubing welders should be able to read blueprints and use welding equipment such as wire feeders, hand torches, and resistance welding machines.
6. Aircraft tubing welders should also be creative thinkers because they will need to fabricate their own tools for specific jobs. Welding tools are expensive, so aircraft tubing welders should be able to think of tools that can be made from scrap metal or items found around the shop.
7. Aircraft tubing welders may find employment with manufacturers and repair stations, as well as suppliers and airlines companies.
8. The median annual wage for aircraft mechanics is $60,070 in May 2012 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
9. Aircraft tubing welders may need to be certified in order to work for a manufacturer, repair station, or supplier. There are two types of certification: a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certification and a National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET).
Frequently Asked questions
What type of welders are used for steel tubing?
Most of the users use the “MIG” Gas Metal Arc for steel tubing because they provide much more precise and strong welding points.
Can TIG welding be done by using compressed air?
In short, yes. You can do TIG welding using compressed air. But to carry out this process, you must have an air compressor that can store up to 25 gallons of compressed air.
Can you TIG weld 4130?
Yes, you can TIG weld 4130. But it is not an easy task to weld 4130 by using normal fillers. There are different ways to carry out this process efficiently and accurately.
What can you weld 4130 with?
You can use different metal fillers to weld 4130 steels. Chrome-moly tubing is one of the viable options.
In the end, we have 3 top-line best TIG welders for aircraft tubing for the customers who enjoy their work and like to try new features. If you are a beginner, then MIG 140 is a perfect fit for you. Moving to the expert side 200A performs its duty very well due to its 5/32 welding capacity.